Monday, November 5, 2012

The Horseman Cometh

So for my Visual Development class we're designing characters and props for a game based off an existing story. I'm doing The Legend of Sleepy Hollow but with some updates: Ichabod, Sarah and Masbeth are part of a present day paranormal team that have a docu-reality TV show where they go to places and investigate ghosts. Obviously nothing that's on the scale of what's going on in Sleepy Hollow, hilarity ensues when all the ghosts are real and chasing them. Anyway. I've got my design for Ichabod solidly squared away:
And now I'm working on the Horseman. Fun fact: it's nearly impossible to make a guy with a pumpkin on his head look badass. I can splatter that thing with all the blood I want and it's still a guy who thought it was a good idea to substitute his head for a gourd. So here's the Horseman so far:
And now he needs some expressions. I thought it would be funny if he had a sack of pumpkins he carried around, each with a different expression so mid confrontation he could root around in it, find the right one, and swap them out. Because that's a completely normal thing to do. I'm not exactly sure what he'd be sad about; unless the pumpkin patch caught some sort of fungus. And I'm guessing the worried one is the one he throws at people. I'd be worried too.

No comments:

Post a Comment